Monday, July 20, 2009

New piece of woodturning


Balance

Wood: Rhododendron
Height: 200mm (8")
Texture: Pyrography and painted

I turned this out of a piece of wet Rhododendron to about 2mm thick and let it dry before doing the pyrography. It has a rounded bottom, which makes it rock if bumped, hence the name Balance.
The photo isn't the best sorry. I found that no mater what light source I used the pale wood over exposed and if I set the exposure for the bottom part of the vessel the picture came out too dark!??

Comments and critique welcome

2 comments:

wood turning said...

Nice work Robbie, I'm sure it was frustrating not being able to get a perfect picture of it - however it still looks great. Like your idea of the rounded bottom - a unique touch.

Used CNC Router Machines said...

They are exotic indeed. I like the color of these wood slabs